Monday, August 20, 2007

Some Thoughts....

School starts on Wednesday. Summer is over. Thank goodness.

I'm about 20 pounds over weight. Once my knee has fully recovered I will get on some sort of workout schedule. Any suggestions?

We saw Transformers on Saturday. Wow! This movie had it all: action, thrills, romance and comedy. Good stuff. Honestly, I never watched the Transformers cartoon when I was a kid, I was a little too old, but this movie was sick! If you haven't seen this movie, you should, it's still in theaters.

Our church building project is moving rather quickly. The trusses for the roof are on and we are almost ready to completely seal it off. Jeff and I went to visit the property last week and we both got chills. After 10 years of being a portable church we finally get the opportunity to serve in a permanent facility. Click on the picture for better detail.

Football season is looming! University of Miami opens against Marshall on September 1st and the Miami Dolphins play their first game on September 9th against the Washington Redskins. Can't wait! Go 'Canes! Go Dolphins!

Went to the doctor this AM and I got a good knee report. He said I'm ahead of schedule and to be careful because the new ligament is at it's weakest until 5 months (I'm only 2 months from surgery). Anyway, I should be able to do some more athletic activities soon!

I'm real excited that blog-star Bryon Mondok will be visiting this week, we are hanging out on Saturday. We have been talking about watching the movie "Last King of Scotland" for a long time and will finally be able to do so.

I'm so glad that Hurricane Dean didn't come our way. No hurricanes, please! Prayers to our friends in Jamaica.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8/20/2007, Blogger J Dub said...

Best part of Transformers = the C-17's.

 
At 8/20/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Last King of Scotland. It was a disturbing and fascinating picture. I'm kind of wondering why movies about Africa are so intriguing to me all of a sudden.

 
At 8/20/2007, Blogger Karma said...

I pray for those in the path of Hurricane Dean.
As for the movie, I have always thought that it wasn't the most attractive-looking movie, but you almost have me convinced. I'll probably want to check it out sometimes. Thanks for the recommendations. But, I think I can wait until Netflix has it available.
Glad to hear that you, unlike most people, care about being a little overweight, and you want to do something about it. I honestly don't know any diet plans that work. I hear all about Jenny Craig, and Golds Gym and stuff, but does it keep the weight down? Best of luck to you. %%%

 
At 8/22/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

you're the blogstar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home