Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ministry.


Every Sunday morning I wake up to the sound of an anoying alarm clock (like there isnt an anoying alarm clock out there). Every Sunday is game day. This is one of the few times I can actually relate to an NFL player. Instead of going to the stadium on Sunday for game day I go to Jupiter High School where my church holds its Sunday service. We are not like most churches in America, we have to set up every element of each environment. From the nursery to the auditorium to the Welcome Center, you name it, we set it up. We call ourselves the "portable church", or the "church in a box". Sometimes we're the "set up and tear down church", or the "church without a facility". Call it whatever. One thing I do know, the Bible says in Matthew 18:20 "where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them", and there are like three or six hundred people there. The Lord is there. Its amazing that we set up all the environments, have a sound check, get donoughts delivered (yes, DD's delivers to us!), put up lots of signs and stuff bulletins. There are a bunch of other things that I havent mentioned, but I think you get the point, there is alot that happens pregame. As a matter of fact, we start at 7:45am and by 9 am, we are finished with the setup. By this time its all about pregame festivities. We have a Prayer Team, Welcome Team, KidZone (Childrens Ministry), Book Store, Hospitality Center, etc. At 10 am the game begins. Our band leads us in a musical encounter with God and Pastor Dan teaches from the Word. People come to our campus and are served. Just like most churches in America.

1 Comments:

At 10/18/2005, Blogger Bryonm said...

Chris: this Scoobarella cat has been graffitti-ing on my blog, too. I think he should get his own blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home