Entertainment: Why I Like Mac.
I work with PC and Mac. PC at work and Mac personally. I believe Mac is just a better machine. Not that PC doesn't work or is bad, I just prefer to use Mac. Here are 5 reasons why I like Mac.....
1. They look good - Lets face it, there are no pc's out there that even come close to the aesthetics of a Mac. Every piece of hardware Mac produces is just slick. Take for instance the G4 iMac, which I still believe is the coolest looking computer ever. How about the PowerBook or Mac Book Pro. The aluminum casing and grey trim, too cool. Have you ever noticed that every other computer manufacturer tries to impersonate the Mac. I could go on and on about the look of Mac computers. We all know that they are far superior looking than anything out there.
2. They have a great operating system - If you have never used Mac OSX then you are missing out. My first Mac was an first generation grape iMac. It ran on a clunky OS 9 platform. This OS is so smooth compared to OS 9, XP, 2000 or whatever else Windows has to offer. I think the operating system is the biggest win.
3. They are easy to use - Macs may not come with a right click button, which is the usual gripe from pc lovers, but you can do some real cool, easy things with a Mac. For example, the F9 button allows you to glance at all open applications (very cool). Another cool Mac trick, hold Shift, Apple button and 4: you can take a picture of anything on your desktop and save it as a JPEG. There are many other cool, easy tricks you can do with Mac. Maybe you know some, just leave a Comment.
4. They have great packaging and promo's - Hands down Mac is way ahead of ANY ONE when it comes to their look. Next time you go to CompUSA or just compare on the web Mac's advertising package to anyone else. I think Mac has set the industry standard in "look". Even Microsoft has made fun of their own lack of good packaging and branding.
5. They are very simple - In January my parents bought a new iMac G5. My dad was blown away with the simplicity of the machine. There are like 5 or 6 buttons and ports on the whole thing. No third party software stickers or third party hardware that has been installed. Its a beautiful thing, very simple and clean. Oh yeah, go to the Dell website and try to figure out which computer is which. There are like 300 different computers. With Mac there are a couple of options, iMac, MacMini, MacBook Pro, PowerMac and three types of iPods. Simple. Effective.