Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Entertainment: The Worst Bosses Ever.

We have all had a bad boss or bosses. With that in mind I have been so captivated by the Michael Scott character on NBS's hit tv show "The Office". He has made me think of some of the worst bosses ever portrayed on the big screen, small screen and real life. Here is a list of some of the worst bosses ever. Can you think of some I may have missed?

1. Bill Lumbergh, "Office Space" - this was one of those movies that you watch and say, "Oh my gosh! I work with people just like that!" Lumbergh was one of those for me!. He reminded me so much a boss I had when I worked at Costco. There were his subtle "I'm gonna have to ask you." statements that just aggravate the stink out of you. His parking space. His coffee mug. His glasses. His random appearances. What a jerk!

2. Warden Norton, "The Shawshank Redemption" - the Bible-quoting head of the Shawshank prison, turns out to be as morally corrupt as many of the inmates he watches over. Hiring inmate Andy Dufrene to do his dirty work, Norton, manipulates his company's accounts in a way that leaves a hefty payoff for himself, while buying his employees' silence. It really did not bother me when he blew his brains out at the end of the movie.

3. Dr. Evil, "Austin Powers"
- taking over the world seems like a glamorous job, but so few people actually understand the pressures that go along with it. Aspiring world-dominator Dr. Evil makes some interesting demands, like requiring his evil staff members to produce ill-tempered sea bass with laser beams attached to their heads. Naturally, when his wishes aren't granted, he lets his annoyance get the best of him, firing and often torturing the worker responsible. What a jerk!

4. Donald Trump, "The Apprentice"
- great businessman, yes. Boss of the Year? Not likely. Think about it: would you want to work for someone who has turned his reputation for firing employees in front of a national audience into an outrageous marketing gimmick? Plus, the comb-over is enough for me to put him on this list! "Youa' fi'ad!" .........Yuck!

5. Michael Scott, "The Office"
- As the Regional Manager for Dunder-Mifflin, Michael believes he is the office leader and entertainer, and friend. In actuality, he has no clue that most times he displays ridiculous behavior and comes off offensive and pathetic. If there is a worse boss, please, let me know! Every episode he has a great bad-boss quote. Here are a few:
About himself - "I am Michael, and I am part English, Irish, German, and Scottish, sort of a virtual United Nations."
About Pam, an employee -"This is our receptionist, Pam. . . . If you think she's cute now, you should have seen her a couple years ago."
About downsizing - "No, I'm not going to tell them about the downsizing. If a patient has cancer, you don't tell them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home