Monday, February 13, 2006

Entertainment: Why I Like President Bush.

Lets face it, the current President of the United States isn't exactly the most liked guy. If you Google President Bush 9 out of 10 sites will be negative. He's a very polarizing leader. I really like him. I think he has been the right guy for the right time for this country. There are probably readers of this blog that are fuming as they are reading, saying "how can you like this dirt bag?" Well I'm glad you ask......

4 reasons I like President George W. Bush:
1. He's a real guy - I like how he is not ashamed to talk about West Texas and he proudly wears his cowboy hat. I'm no cowboy, but I sure respect the fact that he hasn't let the Beltway (Washington DC) reinvent him. How many times have we seen guys get elected into office, go to DC and return a different "more sophisticated" politician? Not GW.
2. He's not a media guy - Just recently I read about Bush's relationship with Helen Thomas (this old, left wing nut job White House reporter). She cant stand him. She says "Bush is the worst President ever!" His response, nothing. He ignores her in the White House q&a's. I love it. Any guy that is more concerned about running the country and making the hard decisions rather than answer some old hags loaded questions gets my vote (and he has, twice.)
3. He's a principled policy guy - President Bush never leaves you guessing where he stands on an issue. When it comes to guns, he's a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. He always has been. Abortion. He's pro-life. Always has been. He doesn't change because a focus group says this or a new poll says that. He knows what he believes, and stands by it. The War on Terror. He has not wavered, and he said he wouldn't. If another guy were President (say Algore or Kerry) it would all depend on the latest CNN poll, or we would have just lobbed a few bombs into Afghanistan.
4. I trust the guy - In 2000 when Algore was the Presidents first opposing candidate, GW came to Palm Beach County for a rally. Penny and I went, hoping to see the guy we hoped would be our next President. Well, we got more than we bargained for. I actually got to shake his hand and talk to him for a few seconds. What was amazing was that fact that the man made eye contact with me. At that moment I thought to myself, this guy isn't a normal politician. It wasn't just that he said to me "Thanks for comin'!" But what I said to him and his response to me. As the future President approached my spot in the welcome line, I told him, "We have the same hero!". He stopped, looked at me, smiled, and grabbed my hand. The cool thing was, he knew what I was talking about, and most of the people in the crowd were clueless. You see, earlier that week I watched him in an interview. One of the questions asked was "Who is your hero?". Expecting him to say my dad, or Reagan or some other dead politician, GW responded with "I'll have to say Jesus Christ. He has changed my life." Just another reason to like the President.

6 Comments:

At 2/13/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN BROTHER!

GW ROCKS!

I think we should change the term law and elect him for another term! Talk about upsetting the lefties!!!

VIVA George!

 
At 2/14/2006, Blogger . said...

G 'Dub!

 
At 2/14/2006, Blogger Bryonm said...

great post. I think GW can take Chuck Norris.

 
At 2/14/2006, Blogger Bryonm said...

dude, can you put hook up a link to Barrett's blog?

4cruces.blogspot.com

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger J Dub said...

That's my boss, and I like it that way.

 
At 3/11/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad about the lies to to take us to an uneeded elective war that has degraded our military readyness. Too bad about the increased level of arsenic in our water from mining and increased toxins in our air and water. Too bad he has ignored the greatest threat to our childrens world-global warming. Too bad he has let his frieds in big oil and big pharma run over the public interest. Too bad about the lost civil liberties. Too bad about the lost American prestiege. Too bad we are now paying north Korea twice as much as Clinton agreed to for fewer concessions from them. Too bad about stem cell research.

Bush is the WORST president ever. If I were in chanrge, his head would be kept frozen like Timothy Leary so they could thaw it at some point and show him historys verdict on his rampant stupidity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home