Monday, May 08, 2006

Entertainment: My New Toy.

A couple of months ago I realized how behind I have been when it comes to technology and keeping my schedule in order (the two work together you know : ). I always tote around a legal pad of paper with my weeks schedule and break it down by day. I also keep a to do list on there as well. After seeing Mark R. I was kinda jealous of his Treo 650. At that time I thought to myself, I need to get caught up! After months of investigation and waiting for my cell contract upgrade time to approach, I went to the Cingular store and picked up the latest cool smart phone, the 8125. Here are my thoughts on this gadget after owning it 3 days:

It aint easy! These tech toys take some getting used to. They make it sound so easy at the Cingular dealership, but in reality it has taken three days to figure out how to POP my GMail to the phone. Hopefully this week I can sync my Google Calendar and church e-mail. Word is out the new PocketMac app for the Windows Mobile 5 will be available soon. I really cant wait. Then I can run Mac stuff on the PocketPC. Brilliant!

I'm the envy of a lot of tech toy junkies! I haven't really shown of my new toy a whole lot, but when people see it I usually get the same response, "Dude you suck!". You gotta admit, its a beautiful piece of equipment.

It is fully loaded! Seriously, there isn't a whole lot this bad boy cant do. Powerpoint. Yep. Word. Yep. Web browser. Yep. WiFi capable. Yep. I could go on and on. This is a very capable tool and I hope I can unleash just a little bit of it's potential. Word is, you can watch TV on it too! Not that I would do that, but its cool little addition to a plethora of mad skills. Oh, I forgot to mention the still/video cam with flash. It takes pretty sweet pix!

Anybody out there own one of these that can offer me some tips?

4 Comments:

At 5/08/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet...did you know that the one you have is obsolete now! :) I have the one that just came out! Just kidding!

Looks sweet! Can it make toast?

 
At 5/08/2006, Blogger Jeff T. said...

It's true - you do suck. And it can't even hold a candle to my AOL toilet seat.

 
At 5/08/2006, Blogger . said...

sweet piece of coolness there.... i wish my index card had WiFi.

 
At 5/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, I'm getting tired of my Treo... I love your phone... it's sweet... you need to come to miami and let me play with it...

-mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home