Saturday, October 28, 2006

More Banana Republic.


In April I posted on the banana republic known as Palm Beach County. I mentioned a few things that I thought qualified the county I live in as corrupt. I mentioned in the post what makes this place a joke is it's lack of leadership from a civic standpoint. Here is an addendum to that post and as we rack up corruption, I will surely fill you in.

Mark Foley - as everyone in the world know former Rep. Mark Foley resigned about a month ago after it was disclosed that he was flirting with House pages. My friend was in Istanbul, Turkey at the time and he called me to say, "dude, I heard about Foley!" Putting Palm Beach County on the map again. Foley was raised in this area and served and various political positions. I always knew he was a homosexual (so did everyone down here) but he wasn't flamboyant, at least we thought.

Ray Liberti - about a month after my post this was the headline on the Palm Beach Post: "Charged with fraud, Liberti to resign". Who in the world is that, you ask. Well, let me tell you. He was a two-term West Palm Beach City Commissioner. The FBI investigated him, accusing him of using his public position to pressure the owners of a nightclub and a massage parlor to sell their businesses at below-market prices. Nice, huh? You can read more about his fiasco here.

Tony Massoloti - the Palm Beach County Commission Chairman has been under pressure from federal investigators, so he resigned on October 26th. What is he being investigated for? He was using his position to make personal land investment deals. The Palm Beach Post says "federal prosecutors are threatening to charge him with "honest services" fraud, a crime that upon conviction carries a prison term of five to 20 years."

Lois Frankel - She may be the most crooked of all the PBC politicians. She has been involved in PBC politics for many years. She now holds the mayoral post for West Palm Beach, the most coveted of all local positions. I will not be surprised when one of the local papers has a headline featuring her highness. Here are some of the recent comments in the PB Post about her: "...she is being paid off by the developers - her personal finances need to be investigated..."
"...she is a corrupt mayor, taking bribes from the big money condo developers..."
Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.....it goes on and on.

To be continued.....

1 Comments:

At 10/29/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palm Beach Vice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home