Monday, October 30, 2006

My Week.

Do you ever have on of those weeks where you just don't stop? Here is a breakdown of what I would consider one ridiculous week....
Tuesday - after our weekly church staff meeting I had an appointment at my dermatologist to remove a skin lesion. Ouch! It required some stitches and a couple of needles.
Wednesday - In the morning Jeff and I led the chapel at our local Christian school. I spoke out of James 1:2-4 about trials and their purpose. I had fun even though the students were pretty much non responsive. I got back to the office and started the prep for our Wednesday evening Student Ministry MERGE environment. My day ran non-stop form 7am-10pm. No complaints just truth.
Thursday - In preparation for our upcoming high school campout I had to make a Costco run with one of our student leaders. We then went to our camp location in Okeechobee (about 60 miles away). We got out there and set up all of our tents and other necessary camping items. The day started around 8am and concluded at 8pm. I got home in time to watch "The Office" when unbeknownst to me IT WAS A REPEAT! I watched it anyway. It was the famous kiss episode.
Friday - At 8am I had an appointment so I arrived at the office with one of my more needy students waiting at the door (no school on Friday!) and my appointment there as well. I had to get our bus started, checked and then had to make a round of student pick-ups. Our departure time was 5pm from Jupiter and arrival at our camp was around 7pm. We had a great evening with our students around the campfire. Several gave testimony to what God is doing in their lives, unbelievable. We all then went to "sleep". Around 1:30am the skies opened up and we got poured on! All I have to say is Florida rain.
Saturday - We "got up" around 6am and ran around in the rain and mud, ate breakfast and had a devotional. The day then began as we kayaked, canoed, played games and did the whole rope swing into the beautiful old Kissimmee River, true Florida blackwater. Around 4pm we took off for Jupiter and arrived around 6pm. After taking students home around town I got home around 8pm.
Sunday - We all got a beautiful extra hour sleep and I awoke at 6am and arrived at church with a cube truck at 7:30am. We start our set up and transformation of math classrooms into children's ministry rooms; it's pretty much a miracle! I then go, pick up some students around town for church at 10am. We tear down all that we set up, go to lunch, then to the church office where I get prepped for our Crave high school Bible study at 6pm. I got home at 10:15pm and crashed.
Monday - Nothing, absolutely nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home