Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Southeastern Calvary Chapel Pastors Conference 2007: Day 2

Here is a breakdown of day 2:

Session 1: Gayle Erwin (an old school CC staple) talked about being a servant, what ministry is essentially all about. It was amazing to me how many people laughed at his really lame jokes.

Session 2: Don McClure (another old school CC guy) hit a home run from my point of view. I was really challenged by his charge to us to "do it ALL without complaining". Don has a very commanding deliverance and in my humble opinion is the most effective communicator at the conference.

Session 3: Malcom Wild (CC Merritt Island), honestly, the only thing I remember about his teaching was his accent, which is of the British flavor.

Session 4: John Spencer (CC Gulf Breeze) taught from Philippians 3:1-11. Something that really settled with me was his closing commentary on verses 10-11. He quoted Paul and his attitude statement: "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." He encouraged each of us to make an attitude statement as Paul did.

Session 5: Don McClure shared something deep about Biblical psychology and the nessecity of it in ministry (not wierdo, Fruedian stuff!) but putting into our mind the Word. At least thats what I gathered. It was getting late and I was kind of zoning out; I was also a little thrown off by the wierd brass/horn "performance" by a bunch of old guys.

Other: Jeff and I attended a Student Ministry leadership dinner. We met a really cool guy named Daniel who is a student pastor from Columbia, SC. It's great getting to know guys who are doing ministry similar to you from all parts of the country. Also, the worship was very different than I'm used to. Kind of old school. Alot of Keith Green and Rich Mullins tunes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2007, Blogger Deb said...

"Do it ALL without complaining."
I need to remember this one. Sounds like you're having a good conference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home