Friday, March 23, 2007

From Lakeland, Fl.

Penny and I are in Lakeland and thats where I write this from, high atop our 7th floor hotel room! We brought 9 of our upper classmen to Southeastern University, a small Christian college right here in Lakeland. They are having "Preview Days" so we thought it would be a good opportunity to expose some of our students to college life and a Christian college environment. So far I have been blown away by the staff, the students, the campus and most impressivly the university president. His name is Mark Rutland and he is quite a dynamic leader. Last night he shared with our students the importance of dreams and to pursue them with urgency and caution. Just an incredible leader. I'm anxious to hear from our students their thoughts on the whole experience. (Written at 8 AM, Posted at 9 PM)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/24/2007, Blogger Phillip Santillan said...

Sweet! I tried making a trip down there with some of my students, but no one signed up! lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home