Sunday, February 24, 2008

Some thoughts on Siberia

Driving is very crazy here. I really couldn’t imagine getting behind the wheel.

There is some sort of fixation with beets. I think that beets may be the national vegetable. Dwight Shrute would be proud.

There are factories everywhere. You drive into the countryside and you see smoke stacks skyline the horizon.

The roads are not well kept, potholes are hard to avoid.

Never hand a store clerk money. Place it in the dish that sits on the store counter.

Always take your jacket off and take it to the “Cloak Room”. If you don’t every one in the restaurant will stare you down.

Potato chips aren’t a popular item here. Pringles are the only chip we have found.

There are 2-inch thresh-holds in between rooms here. We haven’t figured that one out yet.

Everyone listens to dance (club) music. The bass pounds from the cars and even in the local Subway restaurant.

Everything requires a stamp-seal. I don’t know where this comes from, but they stamp everything! We learned this from the paperwork for the adoptions.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2/24/2008, Blogger www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I think the threasholds are to hold the extreme heat inside the rooms! If the temperature drops below 80 degrees inside, they get upset! We don't live in a warm area, and we don't keep our house that hot, so the heat was difficult for me, in addition to trippin gover theose pesky threasholds!

The weekend is almost over!
Stacy Harrison

 
At 2/24/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So interesting... I love the USA~!
Not much longer now!! The picture of you and your oldest on the Adoption Blog is precious..love it!

 
At 2/24/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up with the dish that sits on the counter? Why do you never hand them the money. Do they get mad?
If you want I can send real chips from B.J's in bulk. HA!
What happens if your coast gets took! LOL!

Marcos

 
At 2/24/2008, Blogger Lyndsey said...

I'm so sad I missed your all's phone call!!!!! I really teared up. :(

I had a dream last night about your boys too... I CANNOT wait for them to get here. I miss you both and am praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home