Saturday, April 01, 2006

Entertainment: iPod Accessory.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the local Apple Store and bought the coolest iPod gadget for my car. It's a DLO Transdock. It plugs right into the car lighter and broadcasts to any FM channel. I love this piece of equipment. If you have an iPod and enjoy transmitting through your car stereo this is for you. Yes it's pricey, but it works tremendously well. One really cool feature is the fact that you place the iPod into the cradle and the volume adjustment from the Pod doesn't affect the volume transmitted through your stereo. You control the volume directly through your stereo. Nice product, I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. Here is a list of more features and spec's:


Features

  • Transmits music on your iPod to your car radio using any available FM frequency from 88.1 to 107.9
  • Charges iPod battery while in use
  • No installation necessary--simply plugs into any available Auto Power Outlet
  • Four assignable Presets let you jump to commonly used frequencies
  • Extra Input lets you connect and transmit any other MP3 player or game system
  • iPod Line Level Output available for car-based auxiliary inputs or cassette adapter

Specs
  • Modulation: FM Stereo
  • RF output frequency range: 88.1-107.9MHz
  • Default preset frequencies (MHz): 87.9, 94.9, 100.9 and 107.9
  • Transmitter power: 1.5 W
  • Transmitter range: Up to 30 ft./9 m
  • Input voltage: 12 to 16 VDC
  • Input current: <300ma>
  • Direct input/output connectors: 3.5mm stereo mini jack

1 Comments:

At 4/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems sweet... but this stuff doesn't work in miami...

too many stations... I had to go and get a thing that plugs into the back of my radio... now my ipod works like a cd changer and i can control it through my dash... the only problem is it sees my playlist as cd's... and if what I want to hear is not on a playlist I'm out of gas...

but whatever dude... it works...

-mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home