Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Missing Sync.

As you know, about a month ago I purchased a Pocket PC phone (Cingular 8123). After thinking I was going to trade it in for a Blackberry I am finally very happy with this piece of electronics. For several weeks I was trying to sync my Google Calendar with my device via Outlook on my work computer. I became very frustrated once I realized there is no way you can subscribe to a Google Calendar through Outlook. It can only be done through a third party software. I learned the hard way that with a PC this can be a recipe for disaster. Needless to say I had it! So at this point I figured I would try a Mac friendly syncing software. I did a little research and decided I would try the Mark Space beta Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 5. I purchased it and unfortunately I was unable to get it working. A few days later I received an e-mail from Mark Space announcing that there was an update for the Missing Sync software I had purchased. I updated and tried it. What a beautiful thing! I was able to sync my iCal (Google Calendar synced), my Address Book, tasks and I was also able to put pictures, music and even videos on my device through a Bluetooth connection. I really cant wait until Mark Space updates the software for a final non-experimental version. If you have a Pocket PC, Blackberry or Palm and an Apple Computer I would encourage you at least consider trying the Misssing Sync. I think you would find it easy to use and very helpful for your scheduling productivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home