Every time a new year comes around I'm just like you, I think, what can I do to make this a better year, what changes can I make personally that will make me a better child of God, husband to my wife, shephard to the people God has placed in my watch, etc. Here are some changes and adjustments I will make this year:
- I will rise at 6 am everyday to start my day with Jesus. This is a must.
- I will go through the Bible using Mr. Mondok's track, simple and not overwhelming.
- I will become a father (hopefully sooner than later) and therefore I need to be less cluttered in my scheduling, so I will stick to a strict schedule, with appointments falling ONLY in the time allotted.
- Mondays are my day off. This day will continue to be sacred for family. No calls, e-mails or activities.
- Reading will be a major focus of my year. I want to complete 2 books a month, a very do-able thing for me.
- Discipleship will be a huge part of my life as I look to reproduce myself in others. There are four particular young men that I will exhaustively teach and lead. My hope is that by the end of the year these guys will be ready to mentor and disciple others.
- I want to cut down my TV and Internet intake. I will do this by limiting viewing times to after 8 am and before 10 pm. Considering I am working during the day typically after 8 am and till 6-7 pm.