Friday, February 09, 2007

Student Ministry and the web.

If you work with teenagers communicate to them via the web. Period. I have talked to student pastors who refuse to go the way of the blogging and MySpace or even YouTube because of the sketchy side. I just don't get this. Yeah there are some creeps out there, but there are creeps everywhere we go, even in church or at the mall. The Student Ministry that I serve in has a MySpace page, YouTube channel, Parent Blog and Student Ministry Blog. All of these are places where we communicate to our students and families anything from activities info, video announcements, student testimonies or just a place to vent. I believe that this will be an important part of the effectiveness of our ministry. I have noticed that our MySpace and Blog have been a real community builder with some students and hope that we will continue to be willing to utilize the technologies and opportunities that we have and will have in the near future. How do you utilize the web in ministry? I'd love to hear some of your creative methods in communicating to people.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2/10/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

Keep postin', bloggin', and uploadin'. You're reaching the kids and that's what matters...

 
At 2/10/2007, Blogger Esther said...

Great idea. You gotta keep up with the times to get one on one with the kids, meet them where they're at, open the doors, and think on their wavelength.

 
At 2/10/2007, Blogger Esther said...

I added you to my blogroll. Is it Chris, or Chris plus the one who sent the email to me? I didn't know how private you guys are & I want to get the names right on my blogroll....

 
At 2/11/2007, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

you can put my wifes name (penny) on the blogroll were not too private. thanks for asking!

 
At 2/14/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

use the tools of the time!

 
At 2/18/2007, Blogger Phillip Santillan said...

ditto...we use our website to communicate all our events, and we have a student ministry blog where we post funny stuff, and "things of interest" as well as take some opportunities to pose serious questions that may or may not relate to what we're studying on our friday night bible studies. The internet is a great place to communicate to the next generation...not to mention it saves me A LOT of money on postards when trying to get information out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home