Monday, April 30, 2007

Heroes: Bryon Mondok

I will never forget the first time I met Bryon. We met at a local deli for breakfast. My first impression was "this guy is a mans man". He drove up on a motorcycle and a few minutes into our meeting I noticed he was pretty built and he talked with confidence. Forward 7 years later. Bryon has become one of the most influential ministry mentors in my life. He has challenged me in many areas from stepping up my personal relationship with Christ or having a forward mentality in my music listening, movie watching or politics. I really could go on and on but here are three words I have to describe the blog-star:
Available - Bryon is a true friend who is always there. I have called him early, late when ever. He is always there for me.
Honest - He is one of the most honest, genuine people I have ever met and he has taught me to never fever honesty, even when I make you vulnerable. If you read Mondok Blog you know this. As a friend and mentor I have learned so much from this, thank you Bryon.
Brilliant - A deep thinker is very often mis-identified. Bryon doesn't fit the stereotypical genius. He looks like, acts like and plays like a regular dude, with tats. What you don't know until you engage in a conversation is that this man is a freakin' genius. He reads, studies and thinks. I love it. He has pushed me to be a smarter guy. To challenge myself and to think outside of the box.
As you see, Bryon has been an incredible mentor to me. I am forever grateful that the Lord has brought him into my life. I have learned to be available, honest and strive to be smarter because of his influence on my life.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/30/2007, Blogger m brunjes said...

def on my list as well, good post.

 
At 5/01/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

too kind

 
At 5/01/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryon is da man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home