Monday, April 09, 2007

Heroes: Mike Wiggins

For 8 of the 10 years that I worked for Costco Wholesale I had the privilege of working along side of Mike Wiggins. For about 2 of those years Mike and I car-pooled together. At the time he was at the beginning of his journey as a lay pastor and eventual full time pastor in Christian church ministry. Through this time God used Mike to continually stir up the passion and calling to ministry I had on my life years earlier. Mikes integrity, endurance and dependence on the Lord were always very clear to me. This man saw an opportunity to pour into a young impressionable guy like myself and jumped on it. I remember many of the conversations we had. The times he would encourage me to trust the Lord and times he reminded me of the supernatural calling that God has in our lives. Not only did I work at Costco with Mike but I also had the honor and privilege of laboring in church ministry with Mike. We served on staff together at our church (Calvary Chapel Jupiter) for 2 years, just more opportunity to glean from Mike. In 2004 God called Mike to plant a church in Port St. Lucie, Fl. God is doing a supernatural work at his church and in his life. He has taught me so much, more than any man outside of my father has. He has shown me what a man of integrity, commitment and calling looks like. He has prayed with me, for me and even performed our wedding ceremony. Mike Wiggins is a hero.

1 Comments:

At 4/09/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

He's my hero, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home