Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Stuff....

This summer has been very different for me. As you all know I have had my share of difficulty (knee surgery) but I haven't really given a lot of info about the ministry happenings. Our Student Ministry has continued to meet as small groups weekly and our Summer Tour. We are using StudentLife Bible Study for our small groups. Fantastic, Bible-centric. They really have done a good job putting together a web-based study that is user friendly. Our Summer Tour has gone pretty well. We have had a couple of bbq's, visited another student ministry and had a massive scavenger hunt at a half dozen 7-Eleven stores. Over all it has been very good for our students to stay connected through the summer. It's typical to watch some students go off the deep end a little bit and the summer of 2007 has been no different. It is always hard to watch students make bad decisions and squander some of the ministry that has been built into them.

"All I can do is trust God that His Word will not return void and that He is in control. So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void"

Are you involved in ministry? How has your summer of ministry been? What type of ministry do you participate in?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7/18/2007, Blogger Deb said...

I wish I could say I was doing a summer missions trip, but not this year or the next few I imagine.
I am attending a Bible Study this summer on marriage. It's been a great way to fellowship with other women. We're already planning the next book we will do.

 
At 7/18/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feed the hungry every monday evening!!!! they all greatily appreciate it, but, most importantly, i am blessed by them more than they can possiby know! love you son. we are now off to key largo see you at the ranch monday night.

 
At 7/19/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pastor chris its amanda e. just wanted to say hi and let you know that im praying for the adoptio process. and will you please say hi to the youth group for me? thanks amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home