Saturday, August 26, 2006

Friday Night Lights.

Friday August 25th was opening night for high school football down here in the Sunshine State. If you aren't familiar with prep football in Florida, let me fill you in. There are other sports in the schools (like basketball, baseball, softball, etc.), but football bank rolls them all. Each game played at home brings in big bucks for the local school. For the past four seasons I have had the tremendous opportunity to be the team chaplain for the Jupiter High School football Warriors. What started as a conversation between myself and the head coach has ended up being an incredible opportunity to be available for the players as a counselor, encourager and spiritual advisor. Every Friday afternoon during the season we have a team meal and coach has me lead the team in prayer. He asks that I remember the Jewish kids on the team. I pray that God uses this opportunity to glorify himself. I pray that He uses the time I have spent with the young men from this program as a seed planting that will one day bear tremendous fruit.

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2006, Blogger Bryonm said...

Good job, dude. Those boys will always remember this time in their lives, always look back on it, and remember how Pastor Chris loved God so much that he'd hang out with high schoolers.

 
At 8/29/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you get stuff signed by blue chippers...you never know how mucn it will be worth when they go pro! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home