Monday, March 12, 2007

Heroes: Joyce Goeppner

I have the privilege to be able to say that my parents are still together after 40 years of marriage. Amazing. Marriage as we all know, is based on commitment. This is some thing my Mom, Joyce Goeppner knows plenty about. When I think about people in my life who I consider "Heroes", Mom is at the top of the list. She has exemplified commitment like very few. She stuck around in the early days of a rocky marriage. She put up with me as a teenager and as a fledgling young adult. She has been committed to her church, her family and her friends. She always stays connected to be people, even when they have moved away. Her heart is concerned with those she encounters. Lovely and unlovely. I have seen my Mom serve those which no one else would dare touch with a ten foot poll. She's there. Because of her authentic concern for others, I have learned what it is to love people unconditionally, to be hospitable to everyone and to be committed, no matter the circumstances. My Mom is the true definition of a Godly woman. Always starting her day off spending time with her Savior, Jesus. He is her priority and because of Him she sacrificed for the family. Growing up I remember her patiently baby sitting a 3 year old brat and putting up with his obnoxious family, just so our family would have extra cash so I could go to the local Christian school. Godly, committed, concerned, hospitable and sacrificial. She knows these. She has lived these. That's my Mom. My Hero!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/13/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

you're momma's awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home