Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dixie Chicks, "Taking the Long Way"

Lets get something straight. I'm not a big Dixie Chicks fan or even a country fan. I do like good music though. I was sitting in Starbucks the other morning and this music was playing. I found myself fading from the conversation to listen to the melodies that were playing in the background. I knew it was the Chicks. That afternoon I got the album. Wow. No wonder the big mouths won Grammy for the album of the year. It is phenomenal. Truly spectacular. Its true that when you are bitter and mad you do your best work (at least in the music indusry its supposedly that way), and this simply holds true for the Dixie girls. If you are still protesting them from their Bush gaffes from a few years ago, get over it and get this album. You will not be disappointed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3/03/2007, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Sorry Hun, I can't get over it. No Chicks for me!
Luv,
Penny

 
At 3/03/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They aren't gonna get my hard earned money.....good music or not.....it is the pricipal of the whole thing, or for what they stand for....or maybe my Baptist roots!!!!! WWJD

 
At 3/04/2007, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

thats whats great about the web, you can "borrow" someone elses copy of the music with out contributing to their nonsense. thats what i did! (fyi, i dont "borrow" music typically, but i just couldnt bring myself to spend $$$ o these chicks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home