Thursday, February 22, 2007

Some thoughts....

I think I'm done with "LOST." Last nights episode was so brutal for me. I just want to know all of the essentials: Where are they? Who are the others? The hatch? The polar bear? Etc...

Dwyane Wade dislocated his shoulder last night. When I heard this news I got a sick pit in my stomach as any hope for the Miami Heat shaking any thing up is over.

I have this nasty flu. It really sucks. Pounding headache, old man cough, sore body, congestion. Please, no sympathy.

Its Thursday! "The Office" episode tonight is written by JJ Abrams of "Alias", "6 Degrees" and ummm "LOST" fame. I wonder what kind of twist he will bring to such a brilliant show.

At our Student Ministry last night I was blown away. It's incredible to see teenagers desire God. More so, to see them make life changing decisions in front of their peers. We are blessed.

Our office is directly next to the Spring Training facilty for the Florida Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals. I walked over this morning during work outs and stood a few feet away from Marlins ace Dontrelle Willis. All I can say is this: potty mouth!

Our church will be breaking ground on our first permanent facility within weeks. I cant help but celebrate and look ahead. I don't care what people say, being portable is exhausting and pressing. We have been portable for almost 10 years and the reality of a permanent facility is....I'm speechless!

I love the show "House". Although there have been some controversial episodes it's quite entertaining. Thanks to TV-Video I can watch ALL back episodes (as I'm doing as I write this!).

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new facility is going to be worth every drop of sweat! You guys put in a lot of hard work...the Lord will bless that!

 
At 2/23/2007, Blogger Esther said...

OOOH, I love the show "House"!

I've been catching up on retuns on USA.

 
At 2/23/2007, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

yes the countdown is on! it will be such a nice "reward" even though its temporal and just the beginning, ill still take it.

 
At 2/24/2007, Blogger Phillip Santillan said...

conratgs on the ground breaking. I am totally excited for your church! We left the "portable church" thing about 6 months ago and I don't regret it at all!

 
At 2/25/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Congrats you guys on the new upcoming building. I know you guys have dealt with many of the same difficulties we dealt with. Dan, told me about a few of them.

I tell you what, none of us who have done the whole portable church thing will ever take our buildings for granted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home