Saturday, August 25, 2007

Redneck Jesus?

I can't help but post this. It has been something that has bothered me for a very long time. What is up with the whole Dale Earnhardt fetish with some people? I was walking into our local mall a couple of days ago and this horrible window sticker caught my eye. I think that there is a sort of sick obsession with a guy who has been dead for a few years. Think about it, people have pictures of a dude who took left hand turns for a living. I follow football, baseball, basketball and tennis. I just couldn't imagine having a sticker made of a players head and put it on my car. It's just weird! I see NASCAR #3 very often and I don't understand the fixation. Does anyone understand this? Does anyone have one of these crazy stickers in their window? Can anyone help me understand NASCAR?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8/26/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're thinking too hard about this whole thing. I don't really get it either but, whatever floats your boat. It's like a famiy reunion T shirt??? I don't know if its necessary, but if people dig it, God bless em'. If the specator numbers and revenue numbers are indicative of anything, a great amount of the US populace dig NASCAR.

 
At 8/26/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask Elvis fans, they seem to have a lock on creepy.

 
At 8/26/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch the elvis comments bud:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home