Monday, October 24, 2005

Family.


For the past week I all I've heard about was Wilma. "They" have been telling us shes coming. Kinda like Santa Claus, but a woman, unpredictable. I was not going to buy into the hype. No way. Tonight we went to a Hurricane Party at my sisters house. It was the gathering place for all of the family and friends after hanging shutters, bringing in patio furniture and the like. Well, Penny and I pulled in furniture, but we did not hang shutters. I was not going to buy into the hype. After playing games and eyeing the news for Wilma updates, Penny and I decided it was time to go home. It was around 10:30 pm. When we got home I was all about chillin' on the sectional and getting caught up on todays NFL games. The tv was on The Weather Channel. My mind was made up, it was just more hype. There was a guy, dont ask his name, he was old and bald. One thing that caught my attention was his calming, collected way of communicating to his audience. His message was convincing enough for me to get up off of the sectional, and get busy. It wasnt ten minutes later (11:30 pm) that I was outside hanging shutters on my house. It wasnt the hype that convinced me. It was the gentleman that calmly communicated the urgency of the situation. We are now ready for Wilma to visit. Thank you old, bald, calming guy.

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005, Blogger Bryonm said...

Chris: I don't consider this "caving" in to the hype. This was a smart move. It was best that you get out and do it before Penny shame you and put those shutters up for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home