Friday, October 28, 2005

Ministry: Make Disciples, Not Converts.

One of the greatest experiences a person will ever have while on this earth is to personally witness a person make a life changing decision. The greatest of life changing decisions is when a person becomes a disciple of Christ. In the Bible, Jesus commisioned His disciples to "Go and make disciples..". The word Jesus uses here is not passive, meaning, "if you feel like going and making disciples" but it was emphatic, GO, do it. I desire to be a doer. I want to make disciples, not a bunch of converts. My prayer is that this is the message I send in the ministry I am a part of. I want people to sence the urgency of disciple making in my life. This is why I believe I am on this planet. To make disciples and communicate this with urgency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home