Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving.

There are 4 things that I am thankful for. What's interesting is those 4 things are what I blog about pretty much every day. Family, Adoption, Ministry and Entertainment. Let me expound.

Family. I am blessed to be the husband of the most amazing and God-fearing woman. Penny is the love of my life and my best friend. I couldn't imagine life without her. My parents have been married for 39 years. I cant believe how God has blessed me with incredible parents that I consider my hero's. They are the most loving and giving people I have ever known. My sister is a great friend and an amazing mother and wife to her family. She has encouraged me my whole life to be a man of God. And last but definitely not least, my grandmother "Mamaw". She has been such a loving, kind and Godly woman. It is so obvious that she loves Jesus by the way she lives her life and serves the people around her. Thank you all for being there for me and loving me.

Adoption. After 6 years of marriage Penny and I have decided to adopt two children. This decision came after much prayer and thought. We aren't adopting because we cant have biological children, but because we haven't had biological kids and believe that God has called us to Russia to get OUR kids! Thank you God for this amazing opportunity.

Ministry. I serve at the most amazing church on earth. What we do doesn't make sense and doesn't fit the typical modern church. We just make ministry happen through the empowering of the Holy Spirit. I love my pastor (Dan and his wife Cheryl). I love my coworkers (Bryon, Mike, Jeff, Nancy, Bill, Justine, Penny, Roger, Bryan, Lyndsey). I love the students that the Lord has placed in my life to be their shepard. Thank you Lord for placing me at Calvary Chapel. Help me to serve more and harder for your Kingdom.

Entertainment. Now this is where it gets a little shallow. I am so thankful for TV, shows in particular: Smallville, Lost, Biggest Loser, CSI:Miami, Everybody Hates Chris and Sportscenter; TiVo, my iPod, the 'Canes, the Heat, the Marlins, the .....Dolphins, and of course my Powerbook.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home