Monday, November 07, 2005

Entertainment: I Love the 80's.

Recently Penny & I were watching a VH1 show called "I Love the 80's: 3D". This is their latest installment of shows that reflect and make fun of the decade. As we were watching, we found ourselves cracking up laughing. Do you remember "Buck Rogers". How cheesey! It was all about Buck and this little robot guy, Twiki. Itty-biddy-biddy......How about when EPCOT Center opened up. I remember this very well. My family went like 2 months after it opened. How dissapointing. The Disney people built it up to be some futuristic fun spot, when it was really a boring excuse of a theme park. What about Intellivision? Was my family the only one to have this gaming console? I must admit I was addicted to the Baseball game they produced. Malls were the place to hang, and Orange Julius was the specialty drink to consume as you strolled around and loitered in the mall arcade. I dont know about you, but its fun for me to reflect on the "good ole days'. 1985 was a good year, but 2005 has been amazing. 2006 will be even better! I thank the Lord for the good life He has given and the people He has put in my life over the years.

4 Comments:

At 11/07/2005, Blogger Jeff T. said...

His dude - I had this gaming console called "The Rainbow". It used audio cassette tapes and you could play video games like "Frogger" of fthe thing. Totally weird...

 
At 11/07/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intelivision Rocked! Their football was much better than the ATARI version. Man have games changed!

 
At 11/10/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I'm enjoying the 80's memories. I can probably beat everybody for old school, 8-bit gaming systems: TI-994A. You could either play games or do your own programming with BASIC.

Also, I clearly remember an early birthday getting a Buck Rogers action figure. The Buck Rogers thing came full circle years later when I worked as a coordinator on a film that played in Erin Gray. She STILL looked good, even then.

Matthew

 
At 11/10/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...that Erin Gray PLAYED in" I meant to say. My prior statement would have been some kind of medical phenomenon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home