Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Family: Thoughts on Power.

My parents still have no power after last weeks hurricane. As a matter of fact, about 200,000 homes in our county are still with out! You ever think about what life would be like without power? I think it would be more simple. Just thinking about the 3 nights Penny and I were without power. We played UNO under candle light, listened to the World Series through a tiny little transister radio and ate peanuts. We were in bed by 9 PM and enjoyed the simplicity. Then there were the frustrations of our lack of power: long gas lines, no traffic lights, smelly grocery stores, and the obnoxious sound of generators humming at all hours of the day and night. I do think life would be more simple, but I think it would be lousy. I like having power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home