Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ministry: Being Flexible.

Over the past several years I have had the amazing opportunity to be part of a church that doesnt have a building. As odd as it may sound, I really like it. I mean dont get me wrong, Im not saying I want to be facility-less forever, but I do enjoy the daily and weekly rush of "putting it together". For example, last week we were in a situation where we could not meet in our regular leased facility, so we pull together and find a place that can house 300-400 people. In our High School Ministry, we couldnt meet. So, we put together a last minute deal at the local beach park. Unbelievably, we had 40+ students show up! All on a last minute effort to just get our Students reconnected. We have had the same situation all week, including Wednesday, when our Middle School Ministry meets. The facility was shut down, so we put together a last minute deal at the local christian school gym. 40+ kids show up! Its so cool to see that God doesn't need a facility to make ministry happen. Although it will be nice when we do have a facility, I'll take the situation we have now, and make the most of it!

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2005, Blogger Bryonm said...

Blessed sre the flexible. They will not be broken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home