Friday, December 30, 2005

Entertainment: I Love Sports.

I really enjoy sports. God was so gracious when He allowed sports to be created or started, or whatever you wanna call it. I just believe He allowed them. There is something in my DNA that just makes me quiver about certain teams. I hope that Im not alone here guys! With this in mind I figured I would "share" with you a few teams that I follow closely.

Baseball: As a kid I was an Atlanta Braves fan because they had Spring Training in my hometown. In 1993 I became a fan of our new local franchise, the Florida Marlins. As a Marlin fan I can boast about the 2 World Series victories in 8 years or I could whine about the 2 fire sales in 9 years. Its like this spoils the championships. Oh well, more championships than the Red Sox can boast about over the past 80 or so years!!


Football: My team is the Miami Dolphins. My first memories of following any type of team was the late 70's Dolphins with Bob Griese. To this day I still remind my friends of the only undefeated team in pro sports history, '72 Dolphins.


Basketball: This sport is close to my heart because I spent about 15 years of my life playing it. My team is the Miami Heat. Its fun following a franchise from its beginnings, as I have the Heat. Hopefully they can put together a run with D Wade & Shaq and compete for an NBA championship.


Overall: there's one team (or school, rather) I chose to talk about last. The U. AKA, the University of Miami. I had football and basketball season tickets for several years. I really enjoy watching top notch collegiate competition. I would say, of all of the sports teams I follow I am most passionate about the 'Canes. The real college football dynasty.

My Rant: I guess you see a pattern here, I am loyal to South Florida sports teams. There is nothing that peeves me more than people who don't support their local team, schools or what have you. Now that you have heard from me, I wanna hear from you! What are some of you teams? Why? Are you loyal? I look forward to some interesting responses.............

5 Comments:

At 12/30/2005, Blogger J Dub said...

Ohhhh.....C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!! Spent all my life up through high school living in Kentucky. After moves to Colorado, South Carolina, Mississippi, three months in Oklahoma, and another move to South Carolina (thanks Air Force), my loyalty to UK is as strong as ever. Go Cats!

Also, go Bengals, Reds, and Air Force Falcons. Kentucky has no pro sports teams, so most people root for Cincy or Indy.

 
At 12/30/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I like you already. Same interests and all. My new Blogger friend... Going straight on my "more blogs" list.

On a sad note, as I comment you, our Canes are getting creamed by LSU. It's not over, but if we have to lose so we can be fair and not win everything and tick off every college program out there, we have a Heat victory to fall on and hopefully a Fins victory to end a exciting season.

from down south...

 
At 12/30/2005, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

AMEN brutha!!!

 
At 12/31/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....I turned it off after the first three and out after half time.

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Jeff T. said...

I totally understand how annoying it can be when somebody doesn't support their local team...

Go Yankees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home