Saturday, November 04, 2006

Famous people.

I was just sitting here thinking about some of the most famous people I have met. Kind of ridiculous, but interesting. Here is the list of my 5 most famous encounters:
George W. Bush (President of US) - He was in town for the 2000 campaign. Of course here in Palm Beach County he has never been popular so there was only about 200 or so people in attendance and he went around and chatted with everyone. Pretty nice dude for a politician. He actually talked to me, I'm sure his life will never be the same.
Bill Russell (Basketball great) - I was at a Miami Heat game versus the Celtics like 3 years ago and he was sitting a few seats away. I went over and started a mini conversation with him. He shook my hand and pretty much engulfed my arm. No joke, the mans hands were gynormous!!
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (wrestler/bad actor) - The Rock was once a backup d-lineman for the U. Those in Ohio or Nevada or something that stands for The University of Miami. There was a spring game at the Orange Bowl and they let people on the Field to talk to the players and he was one of the guys I talked to for awhile.
Alan Thicke (another bad actor) - Back in the day I did some independent TV work and Alan was a guest host with me. Surprisingly nice guy and very willing to talk about his days as "Growning Pains" dad. We actually did kind of a mock-"Growing Pains" game and he was very willing to go along with it.
Roy Jones Jr. (former boxing champ) - At one time West Palm Beach had a minor league basketball team and Roy was a partial owner. He did this promo on the steps of city hall where he gave out a bunch of tickets to a playoff game. Me and my friend were the only ones that showed up. He was really nice, but I couldn't understand a word he said.
.......I would consider this a pretty light weight list.
So who are some of the peeps you have rubbed shoulders with?

4 Comments:

At 11/05/2006, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I think I have you beat honey.
I met G.W as well but I also met, had a conversation and spent time with the following celebs: Brooke Shields, Andre Agassi, and The Donald Trump.
-Penny

 
At 11/05/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While working at the Breakers I came across tons of famous people. Some of the ones I remember are:
Hugh Grant
Robin Williams
Susan Lucci
Mike Dunleavy Sr and Jr (actually had multiple conversations with Sr about bball)
Martin Brodeur (hockey goalie)
Newt Gingrich
Elizabeth Dole
I've also met Dontrelle Willis (I know you are jealous)
Rickey Henderson
and my personal favorite, Cecil Fielder.

 
At 11/05/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can think of someone you haven't met that I have......Neil Sedaka, sat with him on piano bench while he sang to me....:"Happpy Birthday Sweet 16"...bet you can't beat that one!!!!

 
At 11/06/2006, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

a few others.....
dick cheney
krs-one
fat joe
boys to men
willie aimes (bible man!)
the now infamous mark foley!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home