My city....Your city
I live in the city (town) of Jupiter, Florida. My wife Penny and I moved here from West Palm Beach (about 25 miles south) 4 years ago. I think if you are in ministry you should love the city you are in. Honestly, it has taken time, but I do now love this city. Here is a little bit about Jupiter, Florida....
- 50,000 people live in the city limits with an additional 65,000 in unincorporated land surrounding.
- Racial breakdown: White Non-Hispanic (89.4%), Hispanic (7.3%), Black (1.2%), Other (2.3%).
- Average monthly temperature: 74.6 degrees.
- Below average crime rate.
- 15% increase in population in the past decade.
- 2 high schools, 2 middle schools, 6 elementary schools, several private schools, 2 Taco Bells, 6 McDonalds, 1 WalMart and 3 Starbucks.
- Burt Reynolds filmed "Smokey and the Bandit 2" on our streets!
- Tiger Woods is building his compound 7 miles up the intracoastal on the upscale Jupiter Island.
- NHL Hall of Famer Bobby Orr, former NY Jet Joe Namath, singer Celine Dion, and professional video gamer Tsquared (seriously) all live in Jupiter. Word is Michael Jordan, Albert Pujols, Ahmad Rashad (sports commentator) and Alan Jackson (country singer) have cribs here too.
- The most notable landmark is the Jupiter Lighthouse, was built in 1860.
- Jupiter is the host to the St. Louis Cardinals and Florida Marlins for Spring Training baseball and the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals for the Florida State League minor league baseball.
- Our beaches are notorious! They are beautiful, clean, crystal green and surprisingly FREE to enjoy!
- We have a river (Loxahatchee), the intracoastal and of course the Atlantic Ocean. We are a marine oriented town. Everything centers on the water.
- We have a very transient population with around 10,000 snowbirds that make their home here just for a couple of months of the year.