Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ministry: Satisfied?

My friend Tony text messaged me today. I called him soon after. He invited me to come and have coffee with him at his boss' house. Tony and I go way back. I remember grabbing a cup of coffee with him and some of our other friends back in the day at our old hang out in downtown West Palm Beach. We have had many good chats over a cup of Joe. Years have passed. Different jobs, churches and even cars. One thing hasn't changed, we can still have a good conversation over a cup of coffee. In our time today, with the ocean as a backdrop (yes, this is a picture from the house!), we discussed the fruit of the Spirit from the Bible "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". We concluded that the effective Christ follower has these fruit active in their lives. This is what makes us aliens in this world. This is what should draw people to Christ. The supernatural fruit of Gods Spirit in our lives. The Bible goes on and says
"....... Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." After this time with my old friend, with the ocean as a backdrop, I ask myself, am I satisfied, am I keeping in step with the Spirit? No and I hope never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home