Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Entertainment: Who is Robert Goulet?

Let me be honest. Before Hurricane Wilma hit the South Florida coast I had no idea who Robert Goulet was or is. Seriously, I had heard his name here and there, but I never knew about this guy. Well, after watching Will Ferrell impersonate Goulet with some friends (Wilma-time) I was intrigued. After MONTHS of investigation, I have for you some info on Mr. Goulets long and....uhmm...Prestigious career. Here it is:

"Recess: School's Out" (2001) (singing voice) .... Michael 'Mikey' Blumberg (singing)
"G-Men from Hell" (2000) .... Devil
"Toy Story 2" (1999) (singing voice) .... Wheezy the Penguin
'Weird Al' Yankovic: The Videos (1996) (V) .... Himself (You Don't Love Me Anymore)
The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991) .... Quentin Hapsburg
"Wrestlemania VI" (1990) (V) .... Himself
"Beetle Juice" (1988) .... Maxie Dean
"Scrooged" (1988) .... Himself
"Kiss Me Kate" (1968) (TV) .... Fred Graham/'Petruchio'
"Carousel" (1967) (TV) .... Billy Bigelow
"I Deal In Danger" (1966) .... David March
Brigadoon (1966) (TV) .... Tommy Albright
"The Daydreamer" (1966) (voice) .... The Singer
"Blue Light" (1966) TV Series .... David March
"I'd Rather Be Rich" (1964) .... Paul Benton
"Honeymoon Hotel" (1964) .... Ross Kingsley
"Howdy Doody" (1954) TV Series .... Trapper Pierre

........As you can see Mr. Goulet is a very, versatile actor/performer. So for those of you that have always wondered, Mr. G. has played anyone from himself to the devil to Mikey from Recess (you know, the cartoon). Heck, he was even on Howdy Dowdy! All I can say is...........Goulet!


Great video of a hip hopping Goulet.

4 Comments:

At 1/04/2006, Blogger Mike West said...

Chris - anyone over 40 will know who Robert Goulet is. In some ways he's kinda like the singing version of Leslie Nielson (whom I have met personally)

 
At 1/04/2006, Blogger J Dub said...

Staring contest.

You win. You always do.

 
At 1/04/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it when you call me big PA - PA!

 
At 1/04/2006, Blogger Jeff T. said...

Well, it's time for me to go...

Hold on now, what's this - a big horn! Look at you... you're hungry! You don't even blink...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home