Friday, June 29, 2007

Impressive.

Around 7 PM tonight my wonderful wife walked into the house with a brand new iPhone, for me! All I can say is WOW! All the hype, all of the criticism all of the anticipation. Here are my initial thoughts:
1. Easy setup - I had the iPhone all switched and synced within 30 minutes. That means e-mail, calendar, music, podcasts, contacts, etc. all synced. Not bad. The set up on iTunes was so easy. If I were an associate at an cellphone dealer I would be looking for a job, because this is the way to go with cell. No clueless dude trying to up sell you. Just simple iTunes.
2. Solid and durable - This phone is solid. I got a Speck case and a crystal film to lay on top. Perfect. I'm not at all worried about a scratched or broken screen.
3. Apps - All of the Applications are slick. From weather to email to clocks (you can keep time for all parts of the world!). Youtube, sweet. Safari, sweet. Maps, sweet. On and on. This phone is the ultimate gadget, practical gadget.
4. Packaging - The bag that Apple placed the iPhone in was amazing. It's like a cardboard box with ribbon on the sides. The box was typical Apple.
5. Line Hospitality - Penny said that the Apple employees were very kind. They gave away bottled water, cookies, brownies and a cool Apple key chain light. They really made it an "experience" as opposed to the AT&T guys who probably didn't know what to do, what's hospitality?

Did you get an iPhone? Do you want one? When will you take the dive? Want to buy a Cingular 8125 Pocket PC? Let me know.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7/01/2007, Blogger m brunjes said...

how much for the 8125?

 
At 7/01/2007, Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

just take it for a ride for awhile then well talk.

 
At 7/02/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want one... how is the phone... i hear that it's not that good... for calls...

let me know...

i want one so bad...

-mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home