Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Lame Life.

The title of this post is deceptive. My life isn't lame in a sense that there's not a lot of good going on, but in the handicapped way. I've gotten to the point of frustration after only 1 week of being completely dependent on others (mostly my unbelievable wife). I have this horrible black cast thing, it's more like a splint. It has this plastic tubing that runs through it that can connect to this cooler pump contraption. It's nice alternative to the old school casts (remember the plaster casts?) it can be nice and cool when plugged in. The only problem is you are tethered to this cooler and you can't move. When I do decide to disconnect from the cooler, I can last very little time stumbling around on my "sticks" (athletic vernacular for crutches). I have come to the conclusion that I don't like being confound to a couch and dependent on everyone else in order for me to live. I like my freedoms, in particular my freedom to stand up, walk to the fridge, grab a bottled water or other beverage I desire. The freedom to drive. I can't drive. It stinks. I like to get in my car and go where I need to. I can't right now. Anyway, just a little vent here. Pray for this bro as I heal up. I look forward to the upcoming days of freedom. Till then, I'll be lame and dependent.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/03/2007, Blogger J Dub said...

Now you know how Forrest Gump felt when Lieutenant Dan asked him if he knew what it was like to not be able to use his legs.

 
At 7/04/2007, Blogger Kushmama said...

thank God for giving the guys at apple the brains to come up with the iphone, what would you be doing with yourself these lame days without it??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home