Saturday, October 06, 2007

Some Thoughts....

Miami lost again. This time to North Carolina. It's so hard to watch but I'm still a loyal 'Cane and always will be. Along similar lines, the Dolphins have not won yet. I wonder if they could match the 1972 teams 16 wins with 16 loses?

This morning a group of guys from church met in inner city West Palm Beach for our monthly adopt-a-block community service project. We picked up trash and talked with people from the particular neighborhood that we are serving. I re-connected with an old friend who has opened an amazing barbershop on the main ave. Great to see him make something of himself.

I went to Jupiter High School's football game last night. The Warriors won and have started to look like a 6A program. I love high school football.

I have been indulging in some Pumpkin Spice Latte's recently. What's you favorite seasonal Starbucks drink? Gingerbread? Egg Nog? Pumpkin Spice? Etc...

It's that time of year, I long for cooler weather and fresh air smells. Not here in South Florida. It's still in the high 80's (and occasional 90). The air is thick with humidity and the sun is blazing hot still. We are about another month or so from some cooler temps.

Our new church building is coming around. I was there for a few hours recently, going over interior plans and such. It's so exciting to see it all come together.

We have had some interesting things going on with some students in our ministry (nothing bad!). I won't get into details, but please pray. I'm due for a confessional!

Our beaches were beat up pretty bad last week from some 12-15 foot waves. The surf was good on Wednesday from what I hear. 6-8 foot and glassy.

No adoption news. Keep praying for us!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10/07/2007, Blogger Bryonm said...

peppermint mocha, baby. c'mon, xmas...

 
At 10/07/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely all about a pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin loaf! Hey Chris, if you know anyone else that's interested in adopting..tell them about Children's Home Society! We have like 130 kids just sitting in the child welfare system with no home. I would definitely appreciate your help.

 
At 10/07/2007, Blogger Shawn said...

So what's new dude?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home