Monday, January 23, 2006

Entertainment: TV Revolution.


Last year Penny and I began a subscription to TiVo. Our television viewing experiences have never been the same. What's so amazing is the fact that we can record every show we want and watch them whenever we want. We can fast forward through commercials and pause live TV! Well I wanted to compile a list of the show Penny and have a Season Pass for. This is probably the coolest trick TiVo offers. You can record the same show on a schedule, and it actually works as opposed to the old VCR timer days. Here's my list, enjoy!

LOST - of course. This is a given for us. Quite possibly the greatest mystery drama ever on TV. What's great is we can rewind to the parts where we may have missed a crucial part of the show.
Invasion - we watch this because it is actually a good mystery. It's not in the stratosphere of LOST, but its still intriguing.
The Office - the only comedy that is worth watching multiple times (not that I do that.)
Cheers - yes the Cheers, where everybody knows your name. This show never gets old. I can watch episodes of this when ever I want. Its one of those shows I like to chill out to. I have actually been to the real Cheers in Boston. The bathroom is really small and Norm is not there.
Scare Tactics - a very erratic schedule makes it hard to follow, so TiVo follows it for me! I love to see people get messed up and freaked out. One that you have seen here on Life & Times is the Rat Boy experiment episode. If you have not seen it, click here !
Miami Vice - Tubbs and Crockett live on at my convenience! When ever I feel like getting a good laugh at some really bad acting, effects and cheesy styles all I have to do is press the "Play Now" button.
CSI: Miami, Biggest Loser, SportsCentury - some other shows that I record and watch at my convenience. Honestly, I don't watch all of the shows and their episodes. It's just really convenient to have them on the hard drive of my TiVo component. If you don't have TiVo yet, what are you waiting for?

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, I don't know what i would do without my TiVo... I just finished watching 24 with my wife... It was off the chain.... Chris I had a great time hanging with you guys today...

Love you bro...

-mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home