Blog - I hope you like the new look! I will continue to post for Life & Times, often.
- I am planning on reading more in 2008. Every year it seems that I set out to read more but it usually dies out the busier I get. I plan on reading 2 books a month, simple enough, yet challenging for me. My Biblical reading plan will be simple. I am taking the advice of a good friend and I will read 4 chapters of the Gospels daily
. This means I will read the words of Christ through monthly and 12x of the year. Different than last years through the Bible in a year plan.Physically
- Penny got me the Perfect Push Up
for Christmas. I am committing to do the included workout. I need to get in good physical shape for my sons!Family
- Penny and I will be welcoming our 2 sons to our family this year. After 9 years of marriage, our family will double in size. Please pray for us as we adjust to being parents to these very special boys.Spiritually
- I know that I will grow in the Lord this year. Because of my commitment to reading the Word every day I trust growth. I will also make this a year where I sharpen my understanding of the body of Christ. This year I want God to give me a deeper understanding of His body.Church
- In April we are planning on opening our first permanent facility. Very exciting but again, adjustment will be necessary. It will be so nice to have a physical home for our church. It will open up more ministry and community opportunities but also will bring us new challenges as a church.
- Lets break it down to 3 movies, albums and TV shows that will be apart of my life this coming year.Movies: Cloverfield
(1/18/2008) - the new JJ Abrams (LOST) movie about something crazy that takes place in New York. Many believe it is Godzilla movie. I don't. Iron Man
(5/2/2008) - another super hero movie, but it looks real good! Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- the last of the Indiana Jones movies. I know that Harrison Ford is crusty but it's Indy!!; Others - The Happening
, The Dark KnightMusic:
Lenny Kravitz, "It Is Time for a Love Revolution"
(2/5/08); U2 (no name, some time in late 2008); Gnarls Barkley (no name, some time in early 2008)TV:
The Office, 30 Rock and LOSTPolitics
- This election year will go down in history as one of the most over-hyped, tabloid riddled presidential election ever. It seems that our election is in the hands of the paparazzi and each candidate is a caricature. My prediction: Ron Paul will become the Ross Perot of this election and split the Republican vote giving Hillary a 43% vote and win over the Republican candidate.
Labels: Some Thoughts